As summer is finally here and the temperatures begin to rise, here are a few critical reminders on how to beat the heat and stay healthy.
1. Wear appropriate clothing during hot weather, especially for children.
2. Drink Plenty of water and replenish electrolytes.
3. Stay cool and indoors if possible. Avoid being outdoors during the hottest parts of the day (10 am-6 pm). Consider canceling outdoor activities during the heat of the day.
4. Wear a hat and use sunscreen if you plan to be outside.
5. Pace yourself when working or exercising in hot weather and take regular breaks in the shade.
6. Check in on your friends and neighbors who may need assistance.
7. Young children and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any circumstance.
8. If you choose to recreate in local waterways, remember that the runoff is still high and cold. Please use caution, avoid high runoff areas, and use a life jacket.
If you don’t have air-conditioning at your house and need to cool off, the best place to go is our local libraries.
If you need a ride there, you can contact Tuolumne County Transit at 209-532-0404
Be Safe and Enjoy your Summer!